Pages

Friday 23 January 2015

Poisonous Fungi Toadstool earrings

Blackening waxcap   Hygrocybe Conica
I have always enjoyed photographing the various fungi that I find when out walking and have now extended that interest by making realistic miniature toadstools out of polymer clay. I would like to say that I work from my own photos but as I am hopeless at identifying my finds that would rarely be possible.  I use several mushroom and fungi identifying books and the internet to get a good range of pictures of my chosen toadstool then sculpt them as realistically as possible in miniature.  With the addition of a wire loop and and a wire hook they become very unusual earrings.
Fly Agaric  Amanita muscaria
I have them for sale in my Etsy shop, please drop by and have a look.
Each pair of earrings come with a card stating the latin name and the common name as well as a few snippets of information about the fungi.
Liberty cap  Psilocybe semilanceata
I also take commissions so if there is a particular fungi you would like made just message me.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, you do really well in making the fungi. They're like real ones, great job! Thank you so much for your visit and sweet comment on my blog :) Wishing you a beautiful day and sending you sunny smiles.

    ReplyDelete